Logitech V500 is one of the most responsive and out-and-out slickest laptop mice available, one of the reasons I bought it recently .
Also the CNET review calls it a Porsche of notebook mice 🙂
Ok now down to the features.
- It has a solid-state scroll panel incorporating the same Synaptics touch-sensitive technology found in your iPod or laptop touch pad. The panel allows you to scroll both vertically and horizontally through documents, spreadsheets, Web pages, and photos by simply sliding your finger along the panel.
- It has a patented Expandable Chassis which articulates 7 degrees to fit the hand while in use.
- Logitech has equipped the V500 Cordless Notebook Mouse with its new all-terrain optical engine, a 1,000dpi-resolution optical sensor matched or bested by only two other mice till date.
- You can roam up to 30 feet away from the receiver (don’t ask why you would need to go so far), which transmits in the 2.4GHz range. To validate this, I actually moved from my bedroom to the living room and the mouse worked fine even at 32 feet ! If you are wondering how I was able to see the cursor, I just right clicked to see the context menu in an application 🙂
- It uses 2 AAA batteries and hence the mouse is not that heavy and it runs for a longer time !
Check out the official Logitech page for more details on the specification. Don’t forget to checkout the Product tour page !
CoolTechZone also has a pretty detailed review of this device.
Also I decided to put my camera into use after a long time and took some snaps of the mouse. You can find the album here ! (Please note I am not great a photographer 🙂 )
P.S. Thanks to my brother for getting the mouse from Taiwan !