One thing that I noticed after setting up all my email accounts on Blackberry was the hotmail email was landing real slow on the Blackberry device
It used to come almost after 10-15 minutes, much like my corporate email that I configured using Outlook Web Access (OWA).
On other accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo or yahoo, the mail delivery was almost instantaneous.
To fix this delay in hotmail do the following:
- Login to your carries BIS page i.e. http://carrier.blackberry.com
- Edit the hotmail account settings
- You should see a “Change Protocol” option as shown in the image below
- Click on it and accept the terms and conditions.
- This change to “Mobile Services Protocol” should now start delivering mails to your Blackberry device as and when it lands on the hotmail server.